TGIF TG to XLXreflector

2e0fei@...

Any help here would really be appreciated.
I am trying to link a specific TGIF talkgroup to a specific module of my mutli-protocal XLX refeflector.

I already have a YSF room connected using dvswitch, YSF<…> DMR, which allows me to define which module it connects to in MMDVM_Bridge.ini

[DMR Network]

# for XLX the syntax is: Options=XLX:4009

Options=XLX:4002.

I believe I could connect YSF<…>DStar and define the module in MMDVM_Bridge.ini Dstar Network but this would require an external hardware AMBE.

Is there anyway to DMR<…>YSF and define the xlx  module that the YSF connects to?

Steve N4IRS

Are you trying to connect to YSF on XLX or to DMR on XLX

On 3/10/2022 7:53 AM, 2e0fei@... wrote:

Any help here would really be appreciated.
I am trying to link a specific TGIF talkgroup to a specific module of my mutli-protocal XLX refeflector.

I already have a YSF room connected using dvswitch, YSF<…> DMR, which allows me to define which module it connects to in MMDVM_Bridge.ini

[DMR Network]

# for XLX the syntax is: Options=XLX:4009

Options=XLX:4002.

I believe I could connect YSF<…>DStar and define the module in MMDVM_Bridge.ini Dstar Network but this would require an external hardware AMBE.

Is there anyway to DMR<…>YSF and define the xlx  module that the YSF connects to?

2e0fei@...

Edited

Thanks for coming back to me Steve.
I have a TGIF talkgroup I am trying to bridge/connect to module B on the XLX reflector
Regards
Bill

Steve N4IRS

Bill,
Since I don't know XLX very well, is module B a DMR connection?

On 3/10/2022 8:58 AM, 2e0fei@... wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

Thanks for coming back to me Steve.
I have a TGIF talkgroup I am trying to bridge/connect to module B on the XLX reflector
Regards
Bill

2e0fei@...

XLX reflector was originally Dstar and the modules refer to the 26 A-Z modules/rooms from Dstar.
These carried over when MMDVM gateways came along!!
With my reflector, which had ambe transcoding,  Dstar connects to mod B, DMR connects but as 4002 and Ysf as DG-11 and all can talk together.
This might actually be an XLX issue and I need the XLX forum.

Steve N4IRS

So,
You want to bridge from DMR (TGIF) to D-Star (XLX)?

On 3/10/2022 10:42 AM, 2e0fei@... wrote:
XLX reflector was originally Dstar and the modules refer to the 26 A-Z modules/rooms from Dstar.
These carried over when MMDVM gateways came along!!
With my reflector, which had ambe transcoding,  Dstar connects to mod B, DMR connects but as 4002 and Ysf as DG-11 and all can talk together.
This might actually be an XLX issue and I need the XLX forum.

Komkit Listisard

I bridged TGIF TG to my XLX Reflector using HBlink.

What modes are on your module B?

I find using HBlink bridge TGIF to XLX DMR 4002 (module B) is the easiest way. Although depending, Python3 will chew through your RAM and if you should decide adding HBmon in to theix then watch out for the RAM.

I can post HBlink config and rules when I get home should you decide to go that route.

73, Kit

2e0fei@...

Hello Kit and thank you for your reply.

On module B I have DMR , Dstar & YSF.
Hadn't even thought of HBlink bridge but will now look into it.
RAM shouldn't be an issue and would appreciate config & rules.

I am an old dog learning new tricks and appreciate any guidance.

Regards

Bill
2E0FEI

Komkit Listisard

Bill,

Here is the config and rules I currently use.  I have two TGIF talkgroups bridged to 2 of my XLX reflector,  one TG bridged module T and another bridged to module X.  Tweak it to fit your needs.

Watch out for ports and on the XLXPEER stanza only enter 7 digits radio_ID (DMR ID).  XLX would not know what to do with 7+2 digits DMR ID.

73, Kit

2e0fei@...

Thanks Kit.
73