Truncated DMR audio

Danny Lloyd

I have an allstar link setup with mmdvm bridge (1.63) and analog bridge (1.6.1).  I use thumbdv for the vocoder, all running on a RPI 4.    I am connecting to 3104 master.

Everything has worked great for the past several months.  (No changes or updates)  This morning DMR users reported only hearing the first 1 to 2 seconds of dmr audio from the bridge.  I connected my hotspot to the talk group and sure enough - when someone talks on the analog side, the connected dmr users only hear the first 2 seconds.

The logs for MB and AB indicate that we are transmitting much more voice data than 2 seconds.  There are no errors in those two logs.

I tried a reboot, however, that did not change the operation.  I have though about changing masters to see if that helped.

Anyone else seen anything like this or has a suggestion?

Danny/KB4MDD

Steve N4IRS

What TG are you using?

On 7/15/21 3:59 PM, Danny Lloyd wrote:
[...]

The issue was with the talk group.  The system was using an unnamed 5 digit talk group.  It appears that Brandmeister found out and shut it down.  It works now using a 7 digit talk group.

Danny