Trying to install and setup DV switch on android

Joe Quinn

I have an android tablet that I’m trying to set up a DV switch on. I have a clear note, which is what I will be using for the server.
I know there are things I need to edit in iax.conf, but I don’t know what they are. Can you tell me what stanzas I need to put in iax.conf, and how I can link them to extensions.conf? I’m pretty new at editing files… So any help that you could give would be appreciated. I’m blind as well, if that matters any. :-)

Steve N4IRS

On 6/26/21 10:24 PM, Joe Quinn wrote:
I have an android tablet that I’m trying to set up a DV switch on. I have a clear note, which is what I will be using for the server.
I know there are things I need to edit in iax.conf, but I don’t know what they are. Can you tell me what stanzas I need to put in iax.conf, and how I can link them to extensions.conf? I’m pretty new at editing files… So any help that you could give would be appreciated. I’m blind as well, if that matters any. :-)

Joe Quinn

That’s actually the first thing I ended up finding on Google, however, what do I put in extensions.conf to marry the two things together? :-)

Steve N4IRS

The context below in iax.conf

[iaxclient]
type = friend
context = iax-client
auth = md5
secret = Your_Secret_Password_Here
host = dynamic
disallow = all
allow = slin
allow = ulaw
allow = adpcm
transfer = no
codecpriority = Caller

The context below in extensions.conf.

[globals]
NODE = 1999

[iax-client]
exten => ${NODE},1,Ringing
exten => ${NODE},n,Wait(3)
exten => ${NODE},n,Answer
exten => ${NODE},n,Set(RPT_NODENUM=${CALLERID(number)})
exten => ${NODE},n,Playback(connected)
exten => ${NODE},n,Set(CALLERID(num)=0)
exten => ${NODE},n,Rpt,${NODE}|P|${CALLERID(name)}
exten => ${NODE},n,Hangup
exten => ${NODE},n(hangit),Answer
exten => ${NODE},n(hangit),Wait(1)
exten => ${NODE},n(hangit),Hangup

On 6/27/21 12:03 PM, Joe Quinn wrote:
That’s actually the first thing I ended up finding on Google, however, what do I put in extensions.conf to marry the two things together? :-)

Joe Quinn

I assume $node is $my node number? Also, can it be that anything connected to it? Or could I have it to only be my internal or external IP address? And, if I do this for dV switch, will it also work for any other IAX application that I may have?

Joe Quinn

Given the fact that I’m really not sure what I’m doing, and I just wanna make sure that my files are the way they’re supposed to be, is there a place that I could email you my files so you could see if they’re correct? Would you mind doing that?

Steve N4IRS

You made backups of the files before you modified them. You can restore the backups if you have a problem. Since you are running ClearNode, I would contact Gerry from ClearNode since he overwrites the config files from templates. I sent him the info months ago so that he could incorporate the changes needed into the templates.

Steve N4IRS