From: main@DVSwitch.groups.io <main@DVSwitch.groups.io> on behalf of John-EA5JAV <ambrosj@...>
Sent: Saturday, October 23, 2021 2:41:48 AM
To: main@DVSwitch.groups.io <main@DVSwitch.groups.io>
Subject: [DVSwitch] Unable to access DMR via DVSwitch ( #dvs #brandmeister )

Good morning, my self care on Brandmeister is all Okay, can see my node and IP address of RPi running DVSwitch but unable to Tx or Rx via DVSwitch. Can access and use DMR via other methods e.g. Droidstar so I know Brandmeister side Okay. Have reinstalled DVSwitch from scratch and still no joy, all settings within the client application Okay and same issues on other devices I have running DVSwitch on, running very latest software, all other modes P25, NXDN, DSTAR, Allstar etc all Okay and working via DVSwitch, any ideas please as don't know what else to do? Thanks

John-EA5JAV

I just changed BM server from BM_2001_Europe to BM_2141_Spain and its sprung into life, will know to do this first if there's a next time

Stefsan

Hi,
by the way the BM Server 2621, 2622 and 2001 will not be able ( think this is for absence DVSwitch user from this holy servers) ), conect is via log ok, in selfcare all fine but you will not get traffic from this servers.
If you choose any other servers (like usa or netherlands) the problem is gone. So in my opinion it is a constructive problem with this dedicated servers 2521, 2622 and 2001, all other are testsed ok and works fine.

BR Stefan DL1ESZ

John-EA5JAV

Hi Stefan, that's interesting, currently now using 2001 but if I encounter further problems will switch to another BM server as advised, thanks

Stefsan

Hi,
i got a info from DK5RAS , the server from DE 2621, 2622 and 2001 will not support DVSwicht devices for big talkgroups  (like91) anymore. The reason for that are some obscure problems with software implementations between DVSwich and  BM, also perhaps some personal reasons with some users. to
This info reaches me via telegram from DK5RAS.
Interesting hereby is, this is a german problem (once again), all or most other BM  master servers did not restrict users from beeing us of DVSwitch at this time. The workaround to change Master Server to another country as described before is still fine.
Id like to share this info with you unfortunally there is no other information from BM according to this intentionally based problem.
Maybe it could be a good intention both sides DEV DVS and DEV BM should go into deep discussions to rework problems, it is not a good idea (as happens) here deliberately handle problems at the users back.
BR Stefan DL1ESZ

Brad N8PC

That is why I do not use brandmeister 4 DM are I use TGIF. Network for my DM are and I don't have a problem using DV switch on it