Topics

Update and upgrade errors

Kevin N9OIG

I had to do an update and upgrade via apt-get update and upgrade on my p25 to DMR Raspberry pi to get MMDVM Bridge to connect to a XLX reflector it does work but what is this error?

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo apt-get upgrade
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Calculating upgrade... Done
  libmicrodns0 realpath
Use 'sudo apt autoremove' to remove them.
  python-gpiozero python3-gpiozero python3-thonny wolfram-engine
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 4 not upgraded.
1 not fully installed or removed.
After this operation, 0 B of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y
Setting up mmdvm-bridge (1.5-20200427-24) ...
Error, APRS_Hosts.txt file does not seem to be valid
dpkg: error processing package mmdvm-bridge (--configure):
 subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 251
 mmdvm-bridge
pi@raspberrypi:~ $

Steve N4IRS

Kevin, this may fix your issue.
cd /opt/MMDVM_Bridge
ls
Do you see dvswitch.sh? If not cd /opt/Analog_Bridge do you see dvswitch.sh?
If yes
mv dvswitch.sh dvswitch.sh.save
wget https://github.com/DVSwitch/MMDVM_Bridge/raw/master/dvswitch.sh
chmod +x dvswitch.sh
apt install -f

Steve N4IRS

On 2/18/2021 12:14 PM, Kevin N9OIG wrote:
[...]

Edited

Looks to be same error

pi@raspberrypi:/opt/MMDVM_Bridge $ sudo apt install -f
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
  libmicrodns0 realpath
Use 'sudo apt autoremove' to remove them.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 4 not upgraded.
1 not fully installed or removed.
After this operation, 0 B of additional disk space will be used.
Setting up mmdvm-bridge (1.5-20200427-24) ...
Error, APRS_Hosts.txt file does not seem to be valid
dpkg: error processing package mmdvm-bridge (--configure):
 subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 251
 mmdvm-bridge
pi@raspberrypi:/opt/MMDVM_Bridge $

Kevin N9OIG

Nothing?

Steve N4IRS

Edited

I answered you days ago. I can continue to try to help fix your install or you archive your QB and MB configs and use the current install process. From that point forward, upgrade will be apt upgrade.
 Though I don't see my answer. Sorry.

On 2/25/2021 11:11 AM, Kevin N9OIG wrote:
Nothing?

Steve N4IRS

You can try this:
BACKUP your /opt/MMDVM_Bridge directory and your /opt/Quantar_Bridge directory.
apt remove MMDVM_Bridge
apt install -f
apt install mmdvm-bridge
copy your the MMDVM_Bridge.ini and DVSwitch.ini from your backup to /opt/MMDVM_Bridge
restart MMDVM_Bridge