Topics

sticky Updated DVSwitch repository available

Steve N4IRS

Edited

I have made some changes to the DVSwitch repositories, to better align naming and distributions. The packages are:
1: Available for ARM, i386 and AMD64
2: ARM and i386 will run on Jessie and Stretch
3: AMD64 will run on Debian Stretch AMD64 and Ubuntu AMD64
3: All packages will be in the stretch repository

The available packages are:
dvswitch_base, Analog_Bridge, md380-emu, MMDVM_Bridge, P25Gateway, P25Parrot.

The metapackages are named dvswitch and quantar.

dvswitch contains:
dvswitch_base, Analog_Bridge, md380-emu and MMDVM_Bridge

quantar contains:
dvswitch_base, MMDVM_Bridge, Quantar_Bridge P25Gateway, P25Parrot

After installing the repository, you can install either dvswitch or quantar or both

I hope this make sense and will make things easier for people.

To install the repository:
As root
cd /tmp

wget http://dvswitch.org/install-dvswitch-repo
chmod +x install-dvswitch-repo
./install-dvswitch-repo
 apt-get update

I have some updates to make to to the programs, meta packages and config files. We are changing some of the defaults to point to the test reflectors. There are a few minor updates to the programs.
Mike and I have been working on the documentation and example configs. I'll be updating the wiki with some of the samples.

73, Steve N4IRS

Mike, AA9VI

Steve,
I may have fallen behind with the announcement so my apologies.  Is DVSwitch replacing Analog_Bridge from github since it also contains Analog_Bridge and has much more functionality?  It looks like that is where most of yours and Mike's development efforts have been concentrated lately.  I'm looking forward to trying it all out.

Mike, AA9VI

Steve N4IRS

Mike,
Analog_Bridge is one of the programs in the overall DVSwitch "family" We have enhanced Analog_Bridge and added MMDVM_Bridge, Quantar_Bridge and a few others. We are still early in testing and we are now using the Debian apt method to install. Mike and I have been working on documentation and examples.

73, Steve

On 5/30/2018 10:11 AM, Mike Swiatkowski via Groups.Io wrote:
Steve,
I may have fallen behind with the announcement so my apologies.  Is DVSwitch replacing Analog_Bridge from github since it also contains Analog_Bridge and has much more functionality?  It looks like that is where most of yours and Mike's development efforts have been concentrated lately.  I'm looking forward to trying it all out.

Mike, AA9VI

Mike, AA9VI

Steve,
How come I only see the binaries for analog bridge and mmdvm bridge after I do an apt-get remove then apt-get install?  It seems the config .ini files were not installed in the /opt/analog_bridge or /opt/mmdvm_bridge the second time.

I was doing some house cleaning and needed to install the files a second time after an uninstall so I'm wondering what I did and how to fix it.  What is the correct directory structure?

/opt/analog_bridge only contains binary?
/opt/mmdvm_bridge only contains binary
/opt/?  contains dvswitch and config files?

I only had it installed once so I forget the structure.

Mike

Steve N4IRS

Try apt-get purge to remove.

On 5/31/2018 10:54 AM, Mike Swiatkowski via Groups.Io wrote:
Steve,
How come I only see the binaries for analog bridge and mmdvm bridge after I do an apt-get remove then apt-get install?  It seems the config .ini files were not installed in the /opt/analog_bridge or /opt/mmdvm_bridge the second time.

I was doing some house cleaning and needed to install the files a second time after an uninstall so I'm wondering what I did and how to fix it.  What is the correct directory structure?

/opt/analog_bridge only contains binary?
/opt/mmdvm_bridge only contains binary
/opt/?  contains dvswitch and config files?

I only had it installed once so I forget the structure.

Mike

Mike, AA9VI

Thanks.  This seems to allow the binary and ini files to install.  But, when running mmdvm-bridge I get the following error:

sysop@debian8:/opt/MMDVM_Bridge$ sudo ./MMDVM_Bridge MMDVM_Bridge.ini
./MMDVM_Bridge: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.21' not found (required by ./MMDVM_Bridge)

I'm working to resolve this.  apt-get upgrade and dist-upgrade won't fix it.  Googling the problem shows it is a common issue with Jessie.

Mike, AA9VI

Steve, FYI... Jessie does not natively support this version of GLIBCXX with latest distro upgrade.  I'm still working on the fix though you probably will figure it out a day before me.

sysop@debian8:/opt/MMDVM_Bridge$ strings /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6 | grep GLIBCXX
GLIBCXX_3.4
GLIBCXX_3.4.1
GLIBCXX_3.4.2
GLIBCXX_3.4.3
GLIBCXX_3.4.4
GLIBCXX_3.4.5
GLIBCXX_3.4.6
GLIBCXX_3.4.7
GLIBCXX_3.4.8
GLIBCXX_3.4.9
GLIBCXX_3.4.10
GLIBCXX_3.4.11
GLIBCXX_3.4.12
GLIBCXX_3.4.13
GLIBCXX_3.4.14
GLIBCXX_3.4.15
GLIBCXX_3.4.16
GLIBCXX_3.4.17
GLIBCXX_3.4.18
GLIBCXX_3.4.19
GLIBCXX_3.4.20
GLIBCXX_DEBUG_MESSAGE_LENGTH

Steve N4IRS

I have to recompile all of the programs under Jessie. I've fixed Analog_Bridge. I need to do the rest. I'll post when they are done.

Steve

On 06/01/2018 08:13 PM, Mike Swiatkowski via Groups.Io wrote:
Thanks.  This seems to allow the binary and ini files to install.  But, when running mmdvm-bridge I get the following error:

sysop@debian8:/opt/MMDVM_Bridge$ sudo ./MMDVM_Bridge MMDVM_Bridge.ini
./MMDVM_Bridge: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.21' not found (required by ./MMDVM_Bridge)

I'm working to resolve this.  apt-get upgrade and dist-upgrade won't fix it.  Googling the problem shows it is a common issue with Jessie.

Steve N4IRS

I have rebuilt under Jessie.
apt-get update
apt-get upgrade

On 06/01/2018 08:28 PM, Mike Swiatkowski via Groups.Io wrote:
[...]

Now working on Jessie.  Thanks Steve.

Mike