Upgrade Path Advice #best_practices #dmrlink

Bill Atkinson

I have an existing stretch VM running:
  • P25Gateway version 20180409
  • P25Reflector version 20161101
  • P25Parrot version unknown, no support for --version, --help, etc.
  • Quantar_Bridge version unknown, no support for --version, --help, etc.
  • Dashboard version 20180428-HACK

My goal is to get up to the latest code base for all involved models.  It appears that this install was done a few years ago using the old MMDVM-Install process.

Should I try and backup/update on this machine or start with a new VM and fresh install then migrate my configs?

I did try the latter and following the DVSwitch-System-Builder process outlined here: https://github.com/DVSwitch/DVSwitch-System-Builder

But despite the statement of, "You now have the COMPLETE DVSwitch Server installed.," I noticed that I did not have the P25Reflector installed.  So does that mean that I still need to piece things together to get an updated version of what I currently have?  If so, what's the best repository to pull from?

Thoughts and/or advice appreciated.

Steve N4IRS

The statement of, "You now have the COMPLETE DVSwitch Server installed.," is correct. The P25 reflector is not part of DVSwitch Server.
apt install p25reflector

On 7/27/2021 8:28 AM, Bill Atkinson wrote:
I have an existing stretch VM running:
  • P25Gateway version 20180409
  • P25Reflector version 20161101
  • P25Parrot version unknown, no support for --version, --help, etc.
  • Quantar_Bridge version unknown, no support for --version, --help, etc.
  • Dashboard version 20180428-HACK

My goal is to get up to the latest code base for all involved models.  It appears that this install was done a few years ago using the old MMDVM-Install process.

Should I try and backup/update on this machine or start with a new VM and fresh install then migrate my configs?

I did try the latter and following the DVSwitch-System-Builder process outlined here: https://github.com/DVSwitch/DVSwitch-System-Builder

But despite the statement of, "You now have the COMPLETE DVSwitch Server installed.," I noticed that I did not have the P25Reflector installed.  So does that mean that I still need to piece things together to get an updated version of what I currently have?  If so, what's the best repository to pull from?

Thoughts and/or advice appreciated.

Bill Atkinson

No joy with the existing sources list:

root@p25-ref-new: ~ # apt -y install p25reflector                                                                                                            [13:17:10]
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package p25reflector

apt-cache search does not show a P25Reflector package.

In searching github, I see a repository for P25Reflector in the DVSwitch family that was updated 5 months ago, but the only file in the bin dir seems to be arm-based.  Should I just pull G4KLX's code?

Steve N4IRS

Show the output of apt update

Sent via smoke signal (AT&T)

From: main@DVSwitch.groups.io <main@DVSwitch.groups.io> on behalf of Bill Atkinson <bill@...>
Sent: Tuesday, July 27, 2021 1:33:25 PM
To: main@DVSwitch.groups.io <main@DVSwitch.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [DVSwitch] Upgrade Path Advice #best_practices #dmrlink

root@p25-ref-new: ~ # apt -y install p25reflector                                                                                                            [13:17:10]
Building dependency tree       

In searching github, I see a repository for P25Reflector in the DVSwitch family that was updated 5 months ago, but the only file in the bin dir seems to be arm-based.  Should I just pull G4KLX's code?

Steve N4IRS

The only P25Reflector in the buster repo is armhf. If not ARM, then build from g4klx source.

On 7/27/2021 1:33 PM, Bill Atkinson wrote:

Building dependency tree       

Yeah I was about to say I'm sure I built my P25Reflector from source.

On 28/7/21 4:13 am, Steve N4IRS wrote:
The only P25Reflector in the buster repo is armhf. If not ARM, then build from g4klx source.

On 7/27/2021 1:33 PM, Bill Atkinson wrote:

Building dependency tree       

-- 
73 de Tony VK3JED/VK3IRL
http://vkradio.com