Using all digital modes

K4VL

I'm sorry if this has been covered already. I have set up my DMR bridge and all is well. I would like to try to bridge D-Star and C4FM into my ASL node too. I was wondering if I could do this on the node I just set up or if I would need to create another ASL node for each of them?

Steve N4IRS

You will need another ASL node. But you should be clear on terminology, an ASL server can host multiple nodes. So, yes, you will need (want) another node, but you wont need another server.
Hope that helps.

Steve

On 10/23/2018 3:10 PM, AA4II wrote:
I'm sorry if this has been covered already. I have set up my DMR bridge and all is well. I would like to try to bridge D-Star and C4FM into my ASL node too. I was wondering if I could do this on the node I just set up or if I would need to create another ASL node for each of them?

K4VL

OK great are there any docs or other groups with information about setting up D-Star and C4FM?

On Tue, Oct 23, 2018 at 2:14 PM Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
You will need another ASL node. But you should be clear on terminology, an ASL server can host multiple nodes. So, yes, you will need (want) another node, but you wont need another server.
Hope that helps.

Steve

On 10/23/2018 3:10 PM, AA4II wrote:
I'm sorry if this has been covered already. I have set up my DMR bridge and all is well. I would like to try to bridge D-Star and C4FM into my ASL node too. I was wondering if I could do this on the node I just set up or if I would need to create another ASL node for each of them?

Steve N4IRS

Not yet. The basics are the same for all the modes. You will need to use different port numbers where there are conflict. For example, the USRP channel driver settings in rpt.conf will need to be different from the ones in use. You will need to run a second copy of Analog_Bridge. Again, ports can not conflict with ports in use.

C4FM (Fusion) is a lot like DMR. The one possible addition to the data path is YSFGateway (not really needed unless you plan to move around on different reflectors). Here is a quick diagram:

ASL <-> Analog_Bridge <-> MMDVM_Bridge <-> YSF Gateway <-> external YSF reflector.

MMDVM_Bridge can do more then one mode, so you will not need a second copy. I suggest you build out from ASL towards the YSF reflector.

Steve N4IRS

On 10/23/2018 3:28 PM, AA4II wrote:
OK great are there any docs or other groups with information about setting up D-Star and C4FM?

On Tue, Oct 23, 2018 at 2:14 PM Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
You will need another ASL node. But you should be clear on terminology, an ASL server can host multiple nodes. So, yes, you will need (want) another node, but you wont need another server.
Hope that helps.

Steve

On 10/23/2018 3:10 PM, AA4II wrote:
I'm sorry if this has been covered already. I have set up my DMR bridge and all is well. I would like to try to bridge D-Star and C4FM into my ASL node too. I was wondering if I could do this on the node I just set up or if I would need to create another ASL node for each of them?

K4VL

Thanks Steve I will see if I can make it work.