What is an ISPC2 Server?

 I see a lot of IPSC2 dashboards out there but no details what it is and Google isn't helping. Is it a commercial product, open source or just what?

Steve N4IRS

Closed source HAM. See also, DMR+

On 12/5/21 5:14 PM, Tim WD6AWP via groups.io wrote:
 I see a lot of IPSC2 dashboards out there but no details what it is and Google isn't helping. Is it a commercial product, open source or just what?

Is it for sale or freely downloadable?

Steve N4IRS

No, not that I know of. If you are looking for a DMR "server" Look into FreeDMR (Based on HBLink)

On 12/5/21 5:28 PM, Tim WD6AWP via groups.io wrote:
Is it for sale or freely downloadable?

I'll check out FreeDMR. However, I have HBLink running (http://dmr.wd6awp.net) and there are a couple of things that could be better, mainly Motorola repeater support and a realtime dashboard. From what I can tell looking at the dashboards, IPSC2 is better in both regards. Any idea who might know where to find out the availability of IPSC2 server?

Kevin Halton

Contact me off list for info.

FreeDMR expands from the basic HBlink And it's opensource. Depending on your needs you can do Motorola repeater with HBlink. Example Dashboard <http://www.freedmr.uk/index.php/dashboard/repeater-dashboard/>

On 12/5/21 6:32 PM, Tim WD6AWP via groups.io wrote:
I'll check out FreeDMR. However, I have HBLink running (http://dmr.wd6awp.net) and there are a couple of things that could be better, mainly Motorola repeater support and a realtime dashboard. From what I can tell looking at the dashboards, IPSC2 is better in both regards. Any idea who might know where to find out the availability of IPSC2 server?

I don't see you in the directory. What's your call?

I have two Motorola repeaters connected. It just bugs the heck that two masters are needed, one for each time slot. I'd like them to configure the way homebrew repeaters do, on one master.

FreeDMR looks pretty interesting, btw. Thanks Steve.

Well poop...

#Dockerised IPSC <--> HomeBrew Protocol stack.
#
#For connecting Motorola repeaters to FreeDMR
#NB: If you get strange audio problems, try only
#enabling one timelot. This is a known issue
#with the current tools.

Steve N4IRS

It is being worked on.

On 12/6/2021 10:15 AM, Tim WD6AWP via groups.io wrote:
Well poop...
#Dockerised IPSC <--> HomeBrew Protocol stack.
#
#For connecting Motorola repeaters to FreeDMR
#NB: If you get strange audio problems, try only
#enabling one timelot. This is a known issue
#with the current tools.

Steve N4IRS

I am told the issue does not happen on each install. They are continuing to work to resolve.

On 12/6/2021 10:15 AM, Tim WD6AWP via groups.io wrote:
Well poop...
#Dockerised IPSC <--> HomeBrew Protocol stack.
#
#For connecting Motorola repeaters to FreeDMR
#NB: If you get strange audio problems, try only
#enabling one timelot. This is a known issue
#with the current tools.

Mike KB8JNM

Sounds like you could purge and try again or try again on some other machine ?

On 12/6/2021 10:46 AM, Steve N4IRS wrote:
I am told the issue does not happen on each install. They are continuing to work to resolve.

On 12/6/2021 10:15 AM, Tim WD6AWP via groups.io wrote:
Well poop...
#Dockerised IPSC <--> HomeBrew Protocol stack.
#
#For connecting Motorola repeaters to FreeDMR
#NB: If you get strange audio problems, try only
#enabling one timelot. This is a known issue
#with the current tools.

Steve N4IRS

They are going to try to replace HBLink with MMDVM_Bridge since the communications between modules is the same (TLV)

On 12/6/2021 10:48 AM, Mike KB8JNM wrote:

Sounds like you could purge and try again or try again on some other machine ?

On 12/6/2021 10:46 AM, Steve N4IRS wrote:
I am told the issue does not happen on each install. They are continuing to work to resolve.

On 12/6/2021 10:15 AM, Tim WD6AWP via groups.io wrote:
Well poop...
#Dockerised IPSC <--> HomeBrew Protocol stack.
#
#For connecting Motorola repeaters to FreeDMR
#NB: If you get strange audio problems, try only
#enabling one timelot. This is a known issue
#with the current tools.

Steve N4IRS

The issue with dual time slots in a HB_Bridge <-> IPSC_Bridge configuration is fixed. It turns out the changed that needed to be made was in dmr_utils, not a bug in DMRlink or HBlink. Mike N4IRR fixed it over the weekend and I'll submit a pull request to HBlink soon.

DO1KBL, Kim

It’s unit call support also working in ipsc_bridge / hb_bridge ?

Where I can find the pull of this fix ?

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Am 13.12.2021 um 14:28 schrieb Steve N4IRS <szingman@...>:

The issue with dual time slots in a HB_Bridge <-> IPSC_Bridge configuration is fixed. It turns out the changed that needed to be made was in dmr_utils, not a bug in DMRlink or HBlink. Mike N4IRR fixed it over the weekend and I'll submit a pull request to HBlink soon.

Steve N4IRS

Is unit call the same as private call? If so, I have not tested it. I will submit a pull request to HBlink soon.

On 12/13/2021 8:59 AM, Kim-Benjamin Lütkemeier via groups.io wrote:
It’s unit call support also working in ipsc_bridge / hb_bridge ?

Where I can find the pull of this fix ?

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Am 13.12.2021 um 14:28 schrieb Steve N4IRS <szingman@...>:

The issue with dual time slots in a HB_Bridge <-> IPSC_Bridge configuration is fixed. It turns out the changed that needed to be made was in dmr_utils, not a bug in DMRlink or HBlink. Mike N4IRR fixed it over the weekend and I'll submit a pull request to HBlink soon.

DO1KBL, Kim

yes Steve
Unit / Private call is the same, I try to find a solution for this

hb_bridge (connected on a hblink3 server) receives corrrectly the Unit call i think it was 0x80 for groupcall and 0x81 for unit-call

but ipsc_bridge will transmit as like a groupcall with unit id.

Other direction IPSC_Bridge to hblink its not programmed in the def private_call its only print('private call') maybe you have some information about the tlv protocol or its small work for mike he can maybe update it?

Steve N4IRS

There may be more work done on IPSC_Bridge and HB_Bridge still to come. I'll do some testing.

Steve