XLX899 <> Allstar 40171


Daren. 2E0LXY.
 

Hi. 
Newby so sorry for the questions. 
Can you please pointme in the right direction  on how to complete a connection between my XLX reflector (XLX899B) and my Allstar node (40171)
Really appreciate your help and efforts in this amazing magic! 
Best regards
Daren


Steve N4IRS
 

Daren,
It depends on if you are running ASL 1.01 or HAMVOIP.

Steve N4IRS

On 11/7/20 7:26 AM, Daren. 2E0LXY. wrote:
Hi. 
Newby so sorry for the questions. 
Can you please pointme in the right direction  on how to complete a connection between my XLX reflector (XLX899B) and my Allstar node (40171)
Really appreciate your help and efforts in this amazing magic! 
Best regards
Daren


Daren. 2E0LXY.
 

Hi Steve.

Thanks for the reply.

Its HamVOIP.

Best regards

Daren


Steve N4IRS
 

Daren,
HAMVIOP is built on Arch. The apt packages will not install on Arch. You could install manually from github. You other option is to run DVSwitch Server on a second Pi and use the USRP protocol to connect the 2 systems.
I can tell you 2 systems will make mode and TG changes a little more complex.

73, Steve N4IRS 

On 11/8/20 8:18 AM, Daren. 2E0LXY. wrote:

Hi Steve.

Thanks for the reply.

Its HamVOIP.

Best regards

Daren



Pete Fierro
 

Steve

   How do I set up the USRP protocol running two pi's? I am hearing traffic on the other pi.Both Pi's are on different  talk groups and on 3101 master.

     MMDVM.ini as well as analog bridge.ini is indicating my DMR  id with two digits appended as well as the other pi with two digits on the other pi with different digits. 

Pete
KD2ARB 


On Sun, Nov 8, 2020 at 8:23 AM, Steve N4IRS
<szingman@...> wrote:
Daren,
HAMVIOP is built on Arch. The apt packages will not install on Arch. You could install manually from github. You other option is to run DVSwitch Server on a second Pi and use the USRP protocol to connect the 2 systems.
I can tell you 2 systems will make mode and TG changes a little more complex.

73, Steve N4IRS 

On 11/8/20 8:18 AM, Daren. 2E0LXY. wrote:

Hi Steve.

Thanks for the reply.

Its HamVOIP.

Best regards

Daren



Daren. 2E0LXY.
 

Ah OK many thanks for the reply. 
I installed HAMVOIP as it was so much easier than installing the other system. 
I actually can't do the other system after trying so many times I gave up. 
Looks like I may have to lock myself in a padded room and try again! 😂 


Patrick Perdue
 

If you're using HamVoIP, it's much, much easier to dedicate a second Pi to DVSwitch and connect USRP between them on the LAN. I've done this, and it works well. I also have a couple of ASL 1.01 systems. Once you have ASL up and running, it's a lot easier to integrate DVSwitch on the same hosting machine than with HamVoIP.


On 11/9/2020 1:24 PM, Daren. 2E0LXY. wrote:

Ah OK many thanks for the reply. 
I installed HAMVOIP as it was so much easier than installing the other system. 
I actually can't do the other system after trying so many times I gave up. 
Looks like I may have to lock myself in a padded room and try again! 😂 


 

On 10/11/20 5:30 am, Patrick Perdue wrote:

If you're using HamVoIP, it's much, much easier to dedicate a second
Pi to DVSwitch and connect USRP between them on the LAN. I've done
this, and it works well. I also have a couple of ASL 1.01 systems.
Once you have ASL up and running, it's a lot easier to integrate
DVSwitch on the same hosting machine than with HamVoIP.
Yes, I've just finished integrating DVSwitch with ASL and it's fairly
straightforward.  Just got the final pieces of the puzzle from Steve,
and I now have a working multimode AllStar node, that needs only an
analog FM radio with DTMF to access any of the modes the system supports
(currently YSF, DMR and P25).

--
73 de Tony VK3JED/VK3IRL
http://vkradio.com