Topics

XLX to MMDVM

Patrick Perdue

Hi:

I wish to create a bridge between XLX and MMDVM, DMR all the way through, not Brandmeister.

Can this be done with two instances of MMDVM_Bridge with inverted ports? If so, I don't see how to direct traffic to a specific talkgroup, as Analog_Bridge, I assume, wouldn't be a part of the picture, as there is no need for transcoding. If not, would HBlink be a better fit?

Thanks and 73

de

KE4DYI

Steve N4IRS

MB would not give you the ability to "direct traffic" The second question is what is the endpoint connected to MB. MB can only connect to a Master (or server) I think you are goint to want to run HBlink3.

Steve N4IRS

On 3/22/20 10:31 AM, Patrick Perdue wrote:
Hi:

I wish to create a bridge between XLX and MMDVM, DMR all the way through, not Brandmeister.

Can this be done with two instances of MMDVM_Bridge with inverted ports? If so, I don't see how to direct traffic to a specific talkgroup, as Analog_Bridge, I assume, wouldn't be a part of the picture, as there is no need for transcoding. If not, would HBlink be a better fit?

Thanks and 73

de

KE4DYI

You do not need Analog_ Bridge. Just 2 Instances of MMDVM_Bridge. Swap the ports over in DVSWitch.ini

Also Change local port in MMDVM_Bridge they cannot be the same.
If you want to connect from Slot 1 to Slot 2 XLX you will need Dmrgateway.

I am using this to connect my Dmr + Tg on Slot 1 to connect to my Xlx Server.
Works very well.

Patrick Perdue

I thought DMRGateway was dead... Sounds like what I need. As I understand it, HBlink3 uses quite a lot of memory, and my resources are limited, so would rather not use it for such a simple bridge if I can help it.

On 3/22/2020 10:58 AM, Ernie Gm7kbk wrote:
You do not need Analog_ Bridge. Just 2 Instances of MMDVM_Bridge. Swap the ports over in DVSWitch.ini

Also Change local port in MMDVM_Bridge they cannot be the same.
If you want to connect from Slot 1 to Slot 2 XLX you will need Dmrgateway.

I am using this to connect my Dmr + Tg on Slot 1 to connect to my Xlx Server.
Works very well.

Patrick Perdue

The second endpoint is a master server, yes, in this case, TGIF.

I didn't think there was a way only using two instances of MMDVM_Bridge to direct traffic, just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything obvious.