Yaesu System Fusion 2 DMR

Peter M0NWI

Cort, Steve, Mike,

Have you seen Andy's work on the YSF2DMR module For MMDVM, wonder if it would fit with the philosophy of DVSwitch as another partner?

From the readme, it seems to covert on the fly both ways between the 2 modes, in software without need of a dongle?

Worth a look?

https://github.com/juribeparada/YSF2DMR

73,
Peter
M0NWI

G7RPG - Peter Kendall

Hi Peter,

Hope you don't mind me contacting you direct.

I wonder if I could pick your brains on the subject of YSF2DMR ?

73
Peter
G7RPG

On 25/02/18 00:13, Peter M0NWI wrote:
Cort, Steve, Mike,

Have you seen Andy's work on the YSF2DMR module For MMDVM, wonder if it would fit with the philosophy of DVSwitch as another partner?

From the readme, it seems to covert on the fly both ways between the 2 modes, in software without need of a dongle?
Worth a look?

https://github.com/juribeparada/YSF2DMR

73,
Peter
M0NWI

Steve N4IRS

Peter, you went on the list, but the discussion is welcome here.

Steve

On 02/26/2018 07:22 PM, G7RPG - Peter Kendall wrote:
Hi Peter,

Hope you don't mind me contacting you direct.

I wonder if I could pick your brains on the subject of YSF2DMR ?

73
Peter
G7RPG

On 25/02/18 00:13, Peter M0NWI wrote:
Cort, Steve, Mike,

Have you seen Andy's work on the YSF2DMR module For MMDVM, wonder if it would fit with the philosophy of DVSwitch as another partner?

From the readme, it seems to covert on the fly both ways between the 2 modes, in software without need of a dongle?
Worth a look?

https://github.com/juribeparada/YSF2DMR

73,
Peter
M0NWI

G7RPG - Peter Kendall

Hi Steve,

I realised that about 1ms after I clicked the send button. Was worried
about going off topic.

The question is...

Could YSF2DMR be used to link the ASL<>BM to YSF without needing another
ambe ?

73
Peter

On 27/02/18 00:25, Steve N4IRS wrote:
Peter, you went on the list, but the discussion is welcome here.

Steve

On 02/26/2018 07:22 PM, G7RPG - Peter Kendall wrote:
Hi Peter,

Hope you don't mind me contacting you direct.

I wonder if I could pick your brains on the subject of YSF2DMR ?

73
Peter
G7RPG

On 25/02/18 00:13, Peter M0NWI wrote:
Cort, Steve, Mike,

Have you seen Andy's work on the YSF2DMR module For MMDVM, wonder if
it would fit with the philosophy of DVSwitch as another partner?

From the readme, it seems to covert on the fly both ways between
the 2 modes, in software without need of a dongle?

Worth a look?

https://github.com/juribeparada/YSF2DMR

73,
Peter
M0NWI

Matthew Pitts N8OHU

Peter,

The answer is "it depends". Most bridged Fusion to DMR works without AMBE simply because the DN Fusion uses the same version of the vocoder as DMR.

Matthew Pitts
N8OHU

On February 26, 2018 7:54:03 PM EST, G7RPG - Peter Kendall <g7rpg@hotmail.com> wrote:
[...]

From the readme, it seems to covert on the fly both ways between
the 2 modes, in software without need of a dongle?

Worth a look?

https://github.com/juribeparada/YSF2DMR

73,
Peter
M0NWI

Steve N4IRS

I would have to give a unqualified "I think so"
ASL <---> Analog_Bridge <---> YSF2DMR <---> YSFGateway <---> YSF Reflector.
We did start a YSF_Bridge Partner that as of now only works in one direction.
It just comes down to "So many projects, so little time."

On 02/26/2018 07:54 PM, G7RPG - Peter Kendall wrote:
[...]

From the readme, it seems to covert on the fly both ways between
the 2 modes, in software without need of a dongle?

Worth a look?

https://github.com/juribeparada/YSF2DMR

73,
Peter
M0NWI

Steve N4IRS

From ASlĀ  you would still need a Vocoder.

On 02/26/2018 08:14 PM, Matthew Pitts N8OHU via Groups.Io wrote:
[...]

From the readme, it seems to covert on the fly both ways between
the 2 modes, in software without need of a dongle?

Worth a look?

https://github.com/juribeparada/YSF2DMR

73,
Peter
M0NWI

Steve N4IRS

BTW, P25 <---> YSF Wide is on the roadmap

[...]

From the readme, it seems to covert on the fly both ways between
the 2 modes, in software without need of a dongle?

Worth a look?

https://github.com/juribeparada/YSF2DMR

73,
Peter
M0NWI

G7RPG - Peter Kendall

Hi Steve,

Got round to having a play with YSF2DMR and successfully got YSF2DMR to
log on to BM and a YSF reflector so the Allstar hub here now has access
via YSF using the same vocoder doing ASL<>BM.

It's not ideal as there is a bit of a round trip back and forth to BM
but it works perfectly.

So... would it be possible using the the bits I've got to have YSF2DMR
log onto a part of hb bridge rather than go out all the way to BM ?

73
Peter
G7RPG

On 27/02/18 01:27, Steve N4IRS wrote:
[...]