Topics

YSF > ASL using XLXd reflector

k7wby@...

Hi folks, so I have MB > XLXd and the xlx dashboard shows the connection as a Repeater/Node of K7wBY B and the channel is blank. I tried adding Options=XLX:4008 to see if it would come up on Channel H but that didn't seem to work. I suspect that I'm going to need to run YSFGateway and then point MB to the gateway.

Steve N4IRS

Are you connecting to a DMR or YSF XLX connection? MB can connect directly to a YSF reflector without need for YSFGateway or to a XLX DMR reflector.

On 10/27/20 4:41 PM, k7wby@... wrote:
Hi folks, so I have MB > XLXd and the xlx dashboard shows the connection as a Repeater/Node of K7wBY B and the channel is blank. I tried adding Options=XLX:4008 to see if it would come up on Channel H but that didn't seem to work. I suspect that I'm going to need to run YSFGateway and then point MB to the gateway.

k7wby@...

Steve, thanks for the repsonse. My first attempt was without the gateway using only MB, which as you say, works. I wasn't able to do YSF Passthrough but I knew G4KLX's YSFGateway could do it. I've managed to get that up and running now and all is good.  This is all an experiment to see what I might do if my back haul failed. I needed a fail over that I can bring up remotely via ssh. This will get the job done. DVSwitch is quite versatile and I thank you for streamlining it for us.