YSF <--> DMR Bridge BM blocked

Bj DV8AWC

I have a working YSF <--> DMR Bridge but sometimes it gets blocked from BM due to short rapid ptt press on the analog side of the DR-2X which is also connected to the YSF side of the bridge. Is there a workaround for this or adding some minTxTimeMS like on the analog bridge ini to the mmdvm bridge ini for the YSF section?

Thanks
BJ DV8AWC

Bj DV8AWC

Edited

found a temporary workaround for this using two nodes of usrp with primary node as YSF and second node as DMR with added minTxTimeMS to prevent blocked message from BM (bridge removed). Audio quality is OK going from digital -> analog, gonna test the reverse if it still good.

UPDATE:
Not recommended, degraded audio quality and wont pass the ID's. It's better to use the bridge.

Thanks
BJ DV8AWC

ve6gcd@...

I have tried all sorts of methods in the past, the first effective workaround was to use Analog Bridge between DMR and YSF where the DMR side has 2000ms hang time from Analog Bridge. The drawback is that the callsign info is not passed to YSF/DMR in this process.

Eventually, I figured that the best approach to solve this is for you to connect to Brandmeister not as a hotspot, but as a repeater network. By doing this, you will avoid encountering the "user blocked" message completely and without the need for hang time settings.

Option 1: Request a bridge to Brandmeister

https://wiki.brandmeister.network/index.php/Open_Bridge
https://wiki.brandmeister.network/index.php/XLX
https://wiki.brandmeister.network/index.php/WIRES-X
https://wiki.brandmeister.network/index.php/IMRS

Option 2: DIY
https://wiki.brandmeister.network/index.php/Homebrew_repeater_protocol
https://brandmeister.network/?page=repeaters then try to learn the software they used to connect to Brandmeister.

73,
Geoffrey VE6GCD

Alec-N1AJW

i am getting the same thing occasionally on my setup using on DVSwitch on VM.  I will also try to connect MMDVM_Bridge as a repeater (duplex) rather then hotspot (simplex) and see if it works.  thanks for that information.

Alec
N1AJW

Bj DV8AWC

Edited

As referred by Geoffrey VE6GCD this solves the "user blocked". Learning new things from his information. 73

Thanks
BJ DV8AWC