Topics

YSFN -- > Wires X Not keying up

Skyler Fennell

I am running an RF link to bridge YSFReflector to WIRES-X.

This RF link consists of a Pi-Star based image with a MCS2000 Radio as the link radio to convert between YSF and Wires X.

I have a YSFReflector and am using MMDVM_Bridge and Analog_Bridge to bridge stuff into the reflector.

What Works:
USER ON HOTSPOT <--> YSFREFLECTOR <---> RF LINK < --- > REPEATER WITH WIRES X

What Does NOT work

ANALOG USER  < --- > ANALOG_BRIDGE  < -- > MMDVM_BRIDGE < ---- > YSFREFLECTOR <---> RF LINK < --- > REPEATER WITH WIRES X

When it does not work, the symptom is the repeater repeats the audio just fine locally, but the WIRES-X box says "LOCAL ONLY" and does not network.

Also What DOES Work, to check to see if it worked on someone else's system

 ANALOG USER  << ----- >> AllStar South Dakota HUB < ---- > YSF REFLECTOR South Dakota HUB < --> RF LINK < --- > REPEATER WITH WIRES X.

Also What Works
ANALOG USER  < --- > ANALOG_BRIDGE  < -- > MMDVM_BRIDGE < ---- > YSFREFLECTOR <---> Digital Hotspot User

I can't figure out what configuration setting might be wrong. Linked below are my bridge files:

Analog_bridge:

MMDVM_Bridge:

Thanks for any help or useful information
skyler

Use the latest version of Analog_Bridge and MMDVM_Bridge.

Skyler Fennell

Is there source code available so I can compile myself? I am not able to run the latest versions due to this error--

usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.21' not found (required by ./MMDVM_Bridge.amd64)

On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 12:18 AM Ernie Gm7kbk <erniepratt@...> wrote:
Use the latest version of Analog_Bridge and MMDVM_Bridge.

Steve N4IRS

No it is not. Show  output of uname -a and which binary you are running. Also output of cat /etc/debian.version

Sent via smoke signal (AT&T)

Is there source code available so I can compile myself? I am not able to run the latest versions due to this error--

usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.21' not found (required by ./MMDVM_Bridge.amd64)

On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 12:18 AM Ernie Gm7kbk <erniepratt@...> wrote:
Use the latest version of Analog_Bridge and MMDVM_Bridge.

Skyler Fennell

I'm still on Debian Jessie. I need to update at some point

I got it to work with this command:

On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 7:19 AM Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
No it is not. Show  output of uname -a and which binary you are running. Also output of cat /etc/debian.version

Sent via smoke signal (AT&T)

Is there source code available so I can compile myself? I am not able to run the latest versions due to this error--

usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.21' not found (required by ./MMDVM_Bridge.amd64)

On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 12:18 AM Ernie Gm7kbk <erniepratt@...> wrote:
Use the latest version of Analog_Bridge and MMDVM_Bridge.

Skyler Fennell

The update did fix it. This was a bug in MMDVM_Bridge.

Can someone tell me exactly what the bug was and why it caused some radios to not hear the signal through? Just because I am curios Does anybody have  breakdown of the bits of YSF protocol metadata?

On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 8:20 AM Skyler Fennell via Groups.Io <electricity440=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
I'm still on Debian Jessie. I need to update at some point

I got it to work with this command:

On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 7:19 AM Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
No it is not. Show  output of uname -a and which binary you are running. Also output of cat /etc/debian.version

Sent via smoke signal (AT&T)

Is there source code available so I can compile myself? I am not able to run the latest versions due to this error--

usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.21' not found (required by ./MMDVM_Bridge.amd64)

On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 12:18 AM Ernie Gm7kbk <erniepratt@...> wrote:
Use the latest version of Analog_Bridge and MMDVM_Bridge.

Charles Wiant

Why are you bridging anything to SD all star hub ysfreflector or dmr without permission. Thank you charles WV8CW

On Aug 30, 2019, at 1:18 AM, Ernie Gm7kbk <erniepratt@...> wrote:

Use the latest version of Analog_Bridge and MMDVM_Bridge.

Skyler Fennell

Why are you bridging anything to SD all star hub ysfreflector or dmr without permission. Thank you charles WV8CW

It was just a 20 second test because I know that one worked. Sorry for any inconvenience, nobody was talking.