From: main@DVSwitch.groups.io <main@DVSwitch.groups.io> on behalf of scot forshaw <scot.forshaw@...>
Sent: Saturday, June 12, 2021 7:28:04 PM
To: main@DVSwitch.groups.io <main@DVSwitch.groups.io>
Subject: [DVSwitch] YSFReflector X commands causing BM loop ban

Hi, I have a perfectly functional Brandmeister/Echolink/YSF/ASL(asterisk) crosslink node... with one exception...
When users on YSF use the X button and search/direct their system is sending multiple < 1 second packets that are tripping the BM loop ban...

Can anyone tell me what setting in what stanza in what ini file would ensure that "no tx less than 3 seconds makes it to BM'"

The reflector is pYSFReflector and the node is MMDV_Bridge, DVSWItCH Analog_bridge with MD380 Emu .. stable and good audio all apart from this. I think I have cured all the other modes I just cant seem to stop YSF stripping the ban.

Pulling my hair out now.

Cheers
Scot

Doug - W4DBG

What version of the python YSF are you running? There are some recent enhancements to help with this.

Most link builders would love an answer to your question. Does not just effect BM it takes over wires-x nodes. Wires-x software has a time block built in. Get it all the time. Would be nice if ysfreflector could block wires-x.

--
Doug Gooden
troytrojan@...

Steve N4IRS

If you have MMDVM_Bridge connected to BM you can insure those short transmissions are extended so not to trip the exalted "loop detector"
In DVSwitch.ini:
[DMR]
hangTimerInFrames = 50 ; Use 50 for 3 seconds of hang time (3000 / 60)

Steve N4IRS

scot forshaw

Hi Steve,
Cheers, I took a look and I thought I had this set. I use 2 instances of MMDVM_BRIDGE one for DMR and one with YSF enabled. I think it was missing in one of them so I set it. I have pushed it up to 70 also from the 50 it was set at. I will let you know the outcome there.

Scot 2E0WWV

scot forshaw

I compiled mine on the 10th June Doug so about 3 days old. I think its version 20210606 from YSF Registry

scot forshaw

Out of interest I checked if this happens on other reflectors particularly America Link and it does. When I connect to AL, and watch the traffic on dashboard I can see that pressing "Search & Direct" or interacting with the wires X part of my FT3 causes 0 seconds TX packets on the AL reflector.. I think this needs addressing at pYSFReflector code level. I am going to contact the author or have a go at coding a delay myself. Maybe a pi-star setting could prevent it?

If you are connected to a Ysfreflector one should not use the search and direct. All it does is send unwanted packets. Change using software or #number. If there is a Wires-x node connected it will talk back causing more packets. I use Wires-x to MB to MB to Ysfreflector  this blocks. Also Ysfreflector to MB to XLX to BM with no problems. All the unwanted packet stays on the Ysfreflector. If you have several hundred users connected and you get a few users pressing the search and direct between overs all you get is upset radio hams.

Out of interest I checked if this happens on other reflectors particularly America Link and it does. When I connect to AL, and watch the traffic on dashboard I can see that pressing "Search & Direct" or interacting with the wires X part of my FT3 causes 0 seconds TX packets on the AL reflector.. I think this needs addressing at pYSFReflector code level. I am going to contact the author or have a go at coding a delay myself. Maybe a pi-star setting could prevent it?

scot forshaw

Hi Ernie,
I get what you are saying and ideal if you can warn everyone in advance but what I need is a robust solution so the Reflector stops sending S&D packets or extends the tail long enough to not have BM loop ban.

what is "MB"?
Cheers
Scot